What is it?
The Iridex Diolite 532™ is a piece of equipment that we can use to treat vascular and pigmented skin lesions through use of a laser. The laser generates a beam of intense concentrated light, which targets a certain area to remove unwanted lesions. The treatment is similar to our Intense Pulsed Light Photorejuvenation.
The technology is extremely reliable, and we have a selection of handpieces available to maximise the versatility of the equipment.
What conditions can the Iridex Diolite 532™ treat?
Using this technology, we can treat a number of unwanted and unattractive skin problems such as:
- Telangiectasia – spider veins on the face caused by dilation of the capillary vessels;
- Rosacea – red lesions around the nose and cheeks, similar in appearance to sunburn;
- Spider Angiomas – red spider-like veins that are slightly raised in appearance;
- Cherry Angiomas – red lesions that are slightly raised;
- Lentigines – a flat, brown spot caused by frequent sun exposure;
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – small, black marks most commonly found on people of Asian or African descent; and
- Keratoses – slightly raised spots of pigmentation, found often on the back and hands.
How soon can I expect to see results?
Following the short treatment – which takes approximately 15 minutes – you should notice a gradual improvement. Individual results may vary, consult your doctor to make sure you are a good candidate. Final results should be visible in two to three weeks, however in some cases another follow-up treatment may be necessary.
Note: None of the above is intended as medical advice.